Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Keep my mind on higher things

The past few weeks have been well, quite frankly, a battle!  A battle in my mind and just overall emotions.  Christian moms, we will face these things from time to time and have to learn how to renew our minds daily.  Easy for me to say, right?  Hec no.  Depression has been trying to take over me but because of what I have learned growing up, it can't consume me.  The Lord is my strength and my refuge.
Now why on earth would I be battling this.   Something going on in the home? No, it's just things moms tend to face. (If you don't ever face it, please, share with me your secret, I would love to know.) Sure, there have been issues that I have been faced with that contribute to these emotions and so forth but, ugh.  I am just tired of dealing with these emotions.  I know that there are many of you moms out there that can relate.  Some days will be great and then...BOOM, SMACK, blindsided!  Lord, help me to keep my mind on higher things. If this is you just know you aren't the only one feeling these things.

Homeschooling got me down?  Sometimes, but I know it's what I am called to do and with callings sometimes comes attacks.  I understand this.  I guess my heart just needs to focus completely on Jesus.  Sometimes it can be so hard to.  Sometimes I just feel like throwing up my hands and saying, I QUIT! But that's normal sometimes even when you have a happy marriage, life, and family.  I know God won't give up on me.  It's literally a learning process.   I spoke with a few of my homeschooling friends yesterday and it was such a blessing to connect with them and share what we are going through and how the attacks are great.  Tears and hugs were present.  Thank you Lord for the wonderful ladies you have led into my life.

Lord, help us moms today.  No matter what our situations,  we need your help and can't go this journey alone.  The joy of the Lord is our strength! Help us to keep our minds on higher things.  Things of God!

Lindsey
Blessed to be a wife and mom!

Image: Stuart Miles / FreeDigitalPhotos.net

0 comments:

Post a Comment

My Three Blessings

My Three Blessings
Photo by Emily Haapala Photography

.





Designed By:

Munchkin Land Designs

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
made by Leelou
Powered by Blogger.
 
Designed by Munchkin Land Designs • Copyright 2013 • All Rights Reserved