Monday, June 3, 2013

June Girls





I am so beyond excited that we are in the month of June.  Summer is my all time favorite month and I'm am looking forward to many exciting things with my family this summer.

On top of vacations, beaches, etc., we will be continuing our summer homeschooling adventures as well.  I am taking a week off to plan and prepare as I am not sure of everything we will be doing.  I know that we will be sticking with math, reading, and writing for sure at least 3 times a week.

Science and history will be incorporated through museums, etc.  I also need to plan for the fall, don't even want to think about it right now, haha!  I will start working on that the middle/end of July as I would like to start earlier this year.  Middle of August.


Our sweet Lyssa was a finalist for our local parent magazine Metro Parent for the Cover Kids contest.  If she wins she gets to be on the cover and receive a college savings plan, etc.  This was unexpected for sure. She did a great job at the audition!  


We are still wrapping up our end of year events.  Kelly completed her GymFest for Gymnastics and did a fabulous job.  She received a medal etc.  So proud of her accomplishments.  We will be planning for summer.  Her coach would like her to start on pre-teams as they told me she is a "natural" and needs to move forward in other areas.  We are going to a parent meeting this Wednesday to discuss a new program her center is starting.  They want her to train 6 hours a week to start this summer.  I am not sure we are ready for such things.  Will be praying about that.  I know that daddy is most definitely not on board.  We are hoping they will be working with us on this.  We expect and understand more hours as she gets older etc., for competition, but she just started last September.  Yikes, pray for us lol!



Lyssa and Bethany will be having their ballet and tap recital this Saturday.  They did well at rehearsal.  Looking forward to that.  This year's theme is Broadway.

The final event of the year is their piano recitals which will take place the end of June.  My girls are blessed and doing well in this area as well.

Well, I think that is it for now. We have a lot of events to go through this month of June.  I will be so ready for a vacation when it's all over, haha!

What are your plans for the summer?

1 comments:

  1. Great post, ballet is really nice hobby!
    http://www.limyservers.com/

    ReplyDelete

My Three Blessings

My Three Blessings
Photo by Emily Haapala Photography

.





Designed By:

Munchkin Land Designs

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
made by Leelou
Powered by Blogger.
 
Designed by Munchkin Land Designs • Copyright 2013 • All Rights Reserved