Monday, December 9, 2013

Our Time4Learning Experience {Review}

I tried Time4Learning for one month in exchange for this review. All opinions expressed here are honest and my own. Time4Learning can be used as a homeschool curriculum, for after school enrichment and for summer skill sharpening.


For the past 30 days, Kelly and Lyssa were given an awesome opportunity of trying out Time4Learning. Time4Learning is an online learning program designed for:
  • Homeschool
  • After School Learning
  • Summer Use
It's a perfect combination of technology and fun wrapped into one all the while learning, learning, and more learning!

Since we are homeschoolers, we viewed it as a homeschooling supplement as we are pursuing the eclectic approach this year, it makes it fun and never boring. You can however even use Time4Learning as a full homeschool curriculum as well as there are even printables and tests and online quizzes to keep your child on their toes. They keep records and printing reports easy.  The site's navigation is very easy and welcoming.  Parents and students can create their own logins.  The children get to select a cute profile photo as their login icon.  They really liked that a lot.  Each time they login counts as attendance for that day.  You can allow them to do as many lessons you wish along with printables that go along with the lesson.  It's great!




Not sure what level your child is at?  Time4Learning allows you to go a grade forward or back or whatever fits your child's needs.  This is a definite plus. I would love to be able to give them more time with the program to see what their potential is.  Getting them ahead is my goal.

Since Kelly is in the 5th grade, her account was created through the "Upper Level" {4th-8th Grade}.  Lyssa's account was created in the "Lower Level" {Pre-K-3rd} as a 2nd grader.  They were able to select science, math, language arts and social studies along with Language Arts extensions.  I loved how they incorporated learning videos and ideas to keep kids engaged.  Kelly loved the learning videos.  Lyssa enjoyed the games on Time4Learning.  Each child also has a playground that offers all sorts of fun and educational learning games.  We utilized the playground after they did the core subjects.




Do I like Time4Learning?  Yes, I do.  I am still back and forth if I would use it as a full curriculum or as a supplement.  Either way, I would love for my children to utilize this online program. I am currently trying to determine if it will be in our budget as I really would like to continue.

Did  my girls like the Time4Learning experience?  Yes they did.  In fact they loved it!  They actually asked and looked forward to going on every day.  This is a good sign for a learning program that offers what children need in specific grade levels as well as specific learning needs.

With that said, I would recommend Time4Learning to any family whether as a homeschool curriculum or as a summer school supplement or even after school supplement.  Kids all learn at their own pace so a program like this is worth looking into.



If you are unsure, they allow you to try Demos before deciding to sign up. They also have a parent forum where you can connect with other parents regarding the online program.

Once you are a member of Time4Learning, what are the actual benefits?
  • 24/7 access to interactive lessons for Pre-K to 12th grade.  Yes, they offer some high school now as well (4 courses).
  • It's a safe learning environment without those annoying ads.
  • Detailed every day lesson plans with automated reporting and guides for parents.
  • Flexibility to start or even cancel account at any time.  No penalties.
  • You can contact Time4Learning staff easily by phone or email.
Definitely great benefits!  You may be happy to know that Time4Learning is:
  • Family Friendly
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee.  Cancel membership during the first 14 days and then they will refund your money. Valid for new members only.
  • Time4Learning received the 2012 Homeschool.com Seal of Approval.
  • They are an accredited business by the BBB.
What do you think? Do you think you would like to try Time4Learning for your homeschool or specific needs?

If you have tried Time4Learning with your kids, did it work out well for you and your family?  Feel free to share.


1 comments:

  1. Love your review! You laid it all out so well. My daughter used T4L in elementary and junior high and had so much fun (isn't great when kids have fun learning?). I really liked the record keeping... I could see reports as simplified or as detailed as I wanted and I could download them or print them out. My other big fave was having access to the additional grade levels for every subject. This was big for us because my daughter was ahead in language, but behind in math.

    I was sad when my daughter finished junior high because we had to step out on our own so to speak. I was thrilled when they offered high school courses this year. She is taking 5 courses with them and her fave thing is that it has a very grown-up feel to it. I'm just happy she likes her lessons. :)


    Thanks for sharing your honest opinion.

    Merry Christmas,
    Jackie

    ReplyDelete

My Three Blessings

My Three Blessings
Photo by Emily Haapala Photography

.





Designed By:

Munchkin Land Designs

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
made by Leelou
Powered by Blogger.
 
Designed by Munchkin Land Designs • Copyright 2013 • All Rights Reserved