Tuesday, October 1, 2013

Learning the Presidents' of the United States Lapbook



Just the other day when I was doing research for our homeschool, I came across a Yahoo headline about how many Americans can not name (in order) the first four Presidents of the United States.  Talk about crazy, right?  I had to do a refresher for myself.  Thankfully I remembered them, but  I just had John Adams and Thomas Jefferson in the wrong order.  Can you name the first four presidents of the United States?

  1. George Washington (Everyone should realistically know this)
  2. John Adams
  3. Thomas Jefferson
  4. James Madison
Since this really struck a chord inside of me, I went on the search for free lapbook studies on the presidents and came across a great one on Homeschool Share

The Presidents of the United States Lapbook study includes printable:
  • Research (Basic info on the Presidents)
  • General Mint Books which can be used with any President
  • President Matchbooks
  • President Layer Books ( It covers up to the 43rd President of the United States)
I cannot wait to get started with the girls on it, it looks like a fun way to learn all of the Presidents of the United States.

It's so important that our children learn about our country.  It's often overlooked so I am glad that the article reminded me of this!

We are hoping to start our labook next week.  I am going to let this be a group project as there is so much information to include in the lapbook.


0 comments:

Post a Comment

My Three Blessings

My Three Blessings
Photo by Emily Haapala Photography

.





Designed By:

Munchkin Land Designs

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
made by Leelou
Powered by Blogger.
 
Designed by Munchkin Land Designs • Copyright 2013 • All Rights Reserved