Thursday, January 17, 2013

Dedicated to Homeschooling

Well, I can't believe that our second year of homeschooling is half over.  It has most definitely been a roller-coaster adventure for all of us.  I am finally in a place where I feel at peace and our homeschool is a joyful homeschool.  Do we have our days?  Oh yes, for sure.  But I am not as stressed out as I was.

Cookie's Kids

I will be honest, as a former teacher in a brick and mortar setting, I thought homeschooling my girls would be a cinch.  Boy, was I wrong.  I had to learn a lot about myself too.  The being too organized and "lesson plan happy" was making my girls and myself miserable.  I had to learn to take the "rigid" out and put the "flexible" in.  Yes, it's good to have routines, but I was almost a drill sergeant to my poor girls, yikes!  The Lord led me to wonderful homeschooling ladies to encourage and keep me on track.

After this devastating Connecticut tragedy in Newport, so many things were put into perspective for me.  All the heartaches and struggles that I dealt with suddenly disappeared.  All of that didn't matter anymore.  Those poor families.  I had to realize I am blessed to hold my babies and not take things so hard all the time.  I am not going to ruin my kids.

I am now and forever will be, dedicated to my homeschool.  I desire to raise my children up in the way they should go.  God is faithful, even through the frustrating times when I am ready to throw in the towel.  How about you?  What struggles have you faced in your homeschooling adventures?  I would love to hear from you.

P.S. The picture above was for a campaign I did just recently for Cookie's Kids clothing!  They are just so precious to me.  Those faces just melt my heart.

Many Blessings!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

My Three Blessings

My Three Blessings
Photo by Emily Haapala Photography

.





Designed By:

Munchkin Land Designs

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
made by Leelou
Powered by Blogger.
 
Designed by Munchkin Land Designs • Copyright 2013 • All Rights Reserved