Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Encouragement for Christian parents


In continuing with my iPhone devotional: Parenting by Design through YouVersion, I came across another one that really has encouraged me as a parent and in my spiritual walk with Jesus Christ. It was such a blessing to me that I felt compelled to blog about it today. I pray this encourages you this day, don't be discouraged!

CALLED TO PARENTING: Parenting by Design (YouVersion)
"Sometimes we don't understand why God calls us to a certain task or ministry. Other people seem far more qualified to meet the challenge that faces us. And yet over and over again in the Bible God used the unlikely people to accomplish His goals. There is no greater calling from God than parenting. When you feel inadequate for the task, realize you are putting your trust in the wrong person! Strive to be an excellent parent, but recognize that God is not dependent on your knowledge or expertise to bring about His results. When you feel overwhelmed, surrender control and trust God. He will provide."

Exodus 4:10-12

And Moses said unto the Lord, O my Lord, I am not eloquent, neither heretofore, nor since thou hast spoken unto they servant: but I am slow of speech, and of a slow tongue. And the Lord said unto him, who hath made man's mouth? Or who maketh the dumb, or deaf, or the seeing, or the blind? Have not I the Lord? Now therefore go, and I will be with thy mouth, and teach thee what thou shalt say.

Thank you Lord for this parenting revelation. God is faithful to minister to those who are His in times of great need, especially when raising children as unto the Lord! I know that I want to be a Godly example to my little ones so that they may emulate the things of God and eventually display those things on their own choosing. Let us not forget that not only are they our children, they are ultimately "God's children." He created them and entrusted them to us to raise them how to win the lost for him and how to serve Him with their whole hearts. We should all desire this for our children as Christian parents. I believe homeschooling parents have a greater responsibility in this as we were called to this for a purpose. What do you want God to do for you and your family?

Lindsey
Blessed to be a wife and mom

Image: Stuart Miles / FreeDigitalPhotos.net

0 comments:

Post a Comment

My Three Blessings

My Three Blessings
Photo by Emily Haapala Photography

.





Designed By:

Munchkin Land Designs

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
made by Leelou
Powered by Blogger.
 
Designed by Munchkin Land Designs • Copyright 2013 • All Rights Reserved