Thursday, March 22, 2012

I dream of.......Character Training!

Oh, this momma is ready for her hubby to come home from his business trip.  We have never been apart this long with kids before.  Wow, I have a greater respect for single moms and moms that have husbands who travel a lot.  I know my brother and I grew up watching our father travel a lot and wondering how our mom did it!  I just don't know how some moms do it on their own all the time, (I know that I am learning to lean on God's Word more and more).   My sweet girls missed their daddy so much and of course I missed him too.  The week may have been busy but thankfully, thanks to a dear friend, I was able to get away this morning and spend some quality time with another dear friend.  We took a day off from our schooling so that this could be possible.  Having breakfast on a golf course and enjoying adult conversation on such a beautiful day is just what I needed.  The girls had a great time with the sitter too. =)

Because our week was slightly off, I chose to just do character training throughout the week.  This seemed to fit as we were having issues with behavior's etc.  I made the girls act out skits on how to behave and react to situations the wrong way and then the right way.  Oh they loved this and have been striving to be better little girls.  I also have a red sheet of construction paper that I leave on the book shelf for them to grab and hold up to let me know something is bothering them with one of their sister's.  This is coming along swimmingly and has cut down on screaming, whining, tattling, etc.  If you have girls or are a girl you know how drama filled girls can be, haha!

I am currently researching a variety of character training studies/curriculum's to implement into our curriculum the next homescschool year.  I would like to do character training along with our Bible readings before doing our academics.  I am hoping this will make even a bigger difference.

What do you think of character training?  Do you think it is often overlooked?  Please share your thoughts, feelings, concerns, etc., I would love to hear from you.


Lindsey
Blessed to be a wife and a mom

Image: Michelle Meiklejohn / FreeDigitalPhotos.net

0 comments:

Post a Comment

My Three Blessings

My Three Blessings
Photo by Emily Haapala Photography

.





Designed By:

Munchkin Land Designs

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
made by Leelou
Powered by Blogger.
 
Designed by Munchkin Land Designs • Copyright 2013 • All Rights Reserved