Monday, March 25, 2013

From Homeschool to Preschool



Last week,  I attempted to register my sweet Bethany for a private preschool program local to us for the 2013-2014 school year.  The times and dates that I wanted was Tuesday and Thursday mornings from 9:00 am to 11:30 am. This was going to allow me the flexibility to stay in the church building to homeschool Kelly and Lyssa.  No time wasted!  Seemed like the perfect solution.  Let me back up a little bit to share with you why I have decided to send my little one to preschool.

It's easy, she's a busy bee and needs way more than I can give her in her preschool years at this point.  Let's face it, preschoolers naturally need socialization and endless hands on activities.  As an early childhood educator myself, I understand this need and do not want her to get short changed at this point in time.  After preschool is when I will pull her back into the homeschooling environment completely.  By then she will be able to participate in other homeschooling opportunities available to her.
I prayed and prayed about what to do with her and for her.  Kelly went to two preschools, one private when she was 3 (she was actually in my classroom) and a public preschool when she was 4.  All was well.  Lyssa did fine with me at home.  This was God directed as I was about to send her to the 4 year old preschool that Kelly was originally apart of.  God said clearly in my heart and mind: "I want you to homeschool her for preschool."  This was the day before the open house.  Mind you, I already submitted all of her required paper work.  Wow, homeschool my preschooler?  What?  Again, as a preschool teacher I thought this was crazy, but I had to be obedient to the call.  Later in the year is when He spoke to me that I would be homeschooling Kelly after the year was up.

Now that our sweet baby surprise is of preschool age, she is a handful and needs way more attention then I can give her.  It's tough.  So it was just a few weeks ago as I was heading out from a homeschool event, I felt led to go to the preschool counter and ask questions about the program.  I looked it over then dismissed it.  Spend money for preschool? Why?  It tugged at me all week. The Lord put it in my heart to pursue it. I spoke to hubby and he was supportive and said that we need to do what the Lord is leading and what is best for her and me.  So, (back to present day) I went to register her last week and BOOM the times and days I wanted for her were completely filled though I was the very first placed on the waiting list.  Lord?  "I know you led me to this, something has to come of it."  Leaving a little on the discouraged side, I gave it to God and prayed: Lord, if she is supposed to be there, you will release a spot even if it is last second in the fall."  I felt prompted to start searching around for other private programs that could accommodate our homeschooling  schedule.  A few did come up, but I didn't feel the tug.  I prayed every day since last Wednesday that something would unfold.  My mom and dear family friend even prayed with me this past Saturday that a spot would open up.  I prayed it one more time today.  I prayed the Lord would release it and let it go after that.

As I was sitting here doing some work, our main phone line rang.  I didn't think anything of it as we usually just have people use our cell phones etc.  I heard in a distance a faint voice leaving a message.  The Lord said to get up and go listen!  It was the assistant director of the program saying a spot has opened up for our sweet Bethany!  Praise the Lord!!!!!  I am beyond thrilled for her and myself as a homeschooler.  This will give me more alone time to focus on my other two, while she is getting what she needs in preschool 2 mornings a week, and we get to stay!  God is so awesome.  I feel so blessed.  I am humbled and thankful that I do hear from Him.

So, tomorrow morning, off we go to pay the registration fee and and do the paperwork.  I am so relieved and so HAPPY!

1 comments:

  1. Good Luck to your daughter in preschool. I am sure she will enjoy it.

    ReplyDelete

My Three Blessings

My Three Blessings
Photo by Emily Haapala Photography

.





Designed By:

Munchkin Land Designs

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
made by Leelou
Powered by Blogger.
 
Designed by Munchkin Land Designs • Copyright 2013 • All Rights Reserved