Monday, February 27, 2012

Being content with what you have!

Whether you are a Christian homeschooling mom/parent or not, there are days motherhood/fatherhood can be such a discouragement right?.  We know that they are only little once and we shouldn't take things too hard but in all reality, it just happens.  We love our children dearly and we want to raise them up in the Lord, right?  I know it's my heart's desire as I really just want to do the Lord's will.  He entrusted these precious children to us and we are going to be held accountable of how we raise them.  It's a scary reality but I don't want to steer off the narrow path.  Oh Lord, please give us discernment.

There are so many worldly influences out there that can cause major distractions in our parenting and in our spiritual walk.  Material things are a big one.  Right now, we are in a fairly small house but we have learned to be content with what we have because we know that God can strip it away in a heart beat if He so chooses.  For quite a few years our family really had to learn how to budget as we were coming out of debt and learned quite a few lessons along the way.  The Lord has us in a place now where we are financially blessed but don't want to step out of line because of it or because others are doing it.  We have to be good stewards with our money and as badly as we would like to just throw a for sale sign up on the lawn, God wants us to be patient and pay off our mortgage first.  Right now we are getting improvements completed.  We understand our house isn't ours but it is God's.  If we step out of line, well I don't want to know what could happen.

I am not saying this because I am in any need, for I have learned to be content in whatever situation I am in.  Philippians 4:11

The Lord is having Ron and I teach the girls how to be self sufficient and that the size of a home doesn't matter.  Even the size of a home doesn't always prove someones financial status so always keep that in mind too.  I'd rather be content with something small and be able to do other things rather than having to live for a house.  That is most definitely not the way to live, at least this is what I am learning.  In due time if we seek ye first the kingdom of God, He will take care of everything and at this point if the Lord wants us here for whatever reason, then we have to be obedient.  Can't dwell on finer homes, etc.  Those are all going to pass away.  I'd rather be diligent in doing for the Lord rather than "doing" for material things.  Sure, the Lord's blessings are rich and He wants to bless His people, but we have to be wise in how we approach them.  If you can't afford it, don't do it.  If you can afford it but God is making you wait, then you better wait.  This is where we are at.  It's tough and very humbling but honestly, my family is so blessed and happy why mess with that?

Thanks for letting me vent on this subject, it's a place to share my heart while sharing with others.  I didn't intend for this blog to be published live online but for accountability for myself, but the Lord told me to publish it as there are others being blessed by this.  I don't keep track of page views on this blog, etc. so if this just blesses one today, that's all that matters to me this point in time.  God bless you!

Lindsey
Blessed to be a wife and mom

Image: Master isolated images / FreeDigitalPhotos.net

0 comments:

Post a Comment

My Three Blessings

My Three Blessings
Photo by Emily Haapala Photography

.





Designed By:

Munchkin Land Designs

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
made by Leelou
Powered by Blogger.
 
Designed by Munchkin Land Designs • Copyright 2013 • All Rights Reserved