Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Family Bible Study: Being a good helper and having a servant heart


As a Christian homeschooling family, my goal is to always include Bible into our curriculum.  Well, at least this is what I had hoped for.  Growing up in a Christian school Bible class was always a required course.  This was obviously a wonderful thing but now being an adult I can honestly say that I think I took that part of "Christian Education" for granted.  Don't get me wrong, I was very blessed that my parents sacrificed some things so that we could attend.  I wouldn't change that for anything on top of the life long friendships and relationships that I have established.  What I am saying is there were many times that I looked at the Bible as just another text book.  Uh oh, right?  Through the years the Lord has showed me a lot regarding that.  And though I may have seen it that way, I was still being educated in the things of God and I have surely not departed from it.

For my concern of learning the Bible during homeschooling, the Lord showed me not to make it a part of the curriculum but simply as a part of every day learning. This struck a chord in my spirit as the Bible is of course supposed to be a part of our daily Christian walk with Christ.  I have been seeking the Lord on a new "Family" Bible study that we can all be a part of on a daily basis yet keeping it completely separate from our schooling.....

The Lord just today, led me to FamilyBibleStudyTime.com where I found the perfect Bible study for our next family Bible times.  It is titled: "Being a good helper"  It is a 5 week Bible Study about being a good helper and having a servant heart (servanthood).  I just downloaded this blessed Bible study to my Kindle Fire for only $0.99.  I look forward to getting started and really digging in to teach not only my children but myself about servanthood.  I know that my husband will also want to be a part of our Family Bible Time which realistically, it just wouldn't be the same without him since he is, after all, the priest of the home.

I plan to start the new study on Monday, February 27th and be diligent with it for the next five weeks. After that time, I will share our journey in the Bible Study.  Greatly looking forward to it.  Since I am dedicated to writing in my journal, I will be documenting parts that really speak to my spirit and my heart.  Kelly (8.5), just started journaling so I look forward to her writing down things that are beneficial to learning about servanthood.  Though Lyssa and Bethany are on the young side, being the example of servanthood will still be the seed that plants into their little hearts and minds.  Such a blessing.

What "Family" Bible studies have you and your family studied together?  Please share your experiences with me, I would love to hear from you.

Lindsey
Blessed to be a wife and a mom

Image: www.familybiblestudytime.com

0 comments:

Post a Comment

My Three Blessings

My Three Blessings
Photo by Emily Haapala Photography

.





Designed By:

Munchkin Land Designs

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
made by Leelou
Powered by Blogger.
 
Designed by Munchkin Land Designs • Copyright 2013 • All Rights Reserved