Monday, February 20, 2012

Northern Adventures

Last week we packed up our family and headed north of our state for some much needed rest and relaxation. Well, okay as much R&R you can get with children lol.  We also brought our homeschooling journey along for the ride making it quite an adventure, a "northern adventure" to be exact.

The girls were anticipating snow up there in northern Michigan and guess what?  They got their wish.  Good thing this mom was prepared.  I packed up all their snow gear from snow pants to scarves.  They definitely enjoyed the winter weather up there with no regrets.  Now, for those of you who know me really well, you know that the snow and the cold are not my cup of tea, ugh.  But, I do enjoy watching my girls play in the snow as I reminisce of the days my brother and I used to play in the snow.  Our favorite past time is sledding!  It was such a blast.

Though we didn't go sledding we did build a snowman, okay, "snow-girl" and a mean snow fort.  It literally snowed every day that we were present.  There was already a good amount of snow on the ground when we got there.  It was result of a huge snow storm that took place a month ago.  Because it started melting it refroze and left a natural ice rink.  Though we didn't pack our ice skates, we did some boot skating, haha! So fun and yet creative, another fun past time.  They put on a little show, it was so stinkin cute!

In the midst of our northern adventure we did get pampered.  My hubby took all of his girls out for a yummy Valentine's Day dinner with amazing desserts.  Good thing I was prepared yet again.  I made sure we brought some snappy clothes for the dinner.  I even applied just a little amount of makeup just like mommy to really make them feel like princesses!

Like everything else, all good things must come to an end right?  We were so not ready to come home.  We are already planning our next northern adventure.  Oh yeah, I forgot to mention that I did bring learning activities and worksheets. We did take a break from curriculum but I didn't want to leave homeschooling behind completely, you know what I mean?

Anyways, like I said before we are ready to plan our next northern adventure.  We stay in my in-laws cabin and it's always such a blast.

If you are a homeschooling family have you ever taken your "homeschooling" on a trip?  Would love to hear about your adventures.

Lindsey
Blessed to be a wife and a mom

0 comments:

Post a Comment

My Three Blessings

My Three Blessings
Photo by Emily Haapala Photography

.





Designed By:

Munchkin Land Designs

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
made by Leelou
Powered by Blogger.
 
Designed by Munchkin Land Designs • Copyright 2013 • All Rights Reserved