Wednesday, February 29, 2012

There is hope for the weary mom!

http://www.hopeforthewearymom.com/get-your-book/
If you are a Christian parent, praise the Lord!  Right now I am going to talk specifically to Christian moms out there, nothing against dads of course. Since I am not a dad and can't relate to spiritual issues that men face, then I guess I have to relate to other moms out there since well, I'm a mom. God is good.

I am going to be honest, the past few months have been a struggle emotionally speaking.  Don't get me wrong, I love my husband and my children dearly as they are my world but there are times I am learning that moms can get emotionally drained and weary.  On top of these normal feelings I have been battling other issues but I know God is in control.

The Lord just recently led me to a another wonderful Christian book titled: Hope for the Weary Mom: Where God meets you in your messThe title alone caught me eye immediately and God ministered to me through this book.  The authors: Stacey Thacker and Brooke McGlothlin share their personal experiences with what moms tend to battle with on a daily basis.

I took Kelly (8.5) to Pioneer Girls last night. From there I decided to head to the mall to get a couple of things then sit down in the food court with my Kindle Fire and finish Hope for the Weary Mom.  The Lord met me right there in the food court. (Isn't it neat that God can meet us anywhere?) I began to cry and give it all to the Lord.  There wasn't a whole lot of people present and I found the most isolated spot I could but you know what? If someone saw me, it's okay. Our goal in life is to be a Christian witness right?  I must admit, I did try hiding my tears in fears that someone would think I was battered or something lol but the Lord is so good and faithful those fears were relieved and peace surrounded me no matter who was present.  And this was in the food court of the mall!

After reading Hope for the Weary Mom, it gave me a different perspective on things with the appropriate scriptures.  Do I still struggle?  Absolutely, but the Lord is teaching me to speak against those lies that try to torment us.  If this is you too, you are on my heart and in my prayers.  We don't want depression sneaking in and stealing our joy and blessings.  I know that there have been countless times this has tried to overtake me but thankfully, God always pulled me out of that pit.  He can for you too.

"Lord, please bless the mom who is reading this today.  I know that it's good to connect with others that go through the same things in life.  Jesus, we as moms need your help on a daily basis to be Godly wives and mothers to our children.  We most certainly cannot do this without you.  Help us go from weary to joyful.  Weary may be in the title of the book, but we don't have to adopt the title over our lives.  I love you Lord Jesus and need you this day.  I pray for peace and strength over all of us who our mothers.  We can't do this without you Lord!  Thank you for another day to serve you.  In Jesus name, Amen!"

Lindsey
Blessed to be a wife and mom

0 comments:

Post a Comment

My Three Blessings

My Three Blessings
Photo by Emily Haapala Photography

.





Designed By:

Munchkin Land Designs

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
made by Leelou
Powered by Blogger.
 
Designed by Munchkin Land Designs • Copyright 2013 • All Rights Reserved