Thursday, April 11, 2013

Leadership Garden Legacy Review

Leadership Garden Logo photo leadershipgardenlogo_zpsf3754c7a.jpg

The past few weeks have been challenging for Kelly as she has been learning the importance of being a leader as the older sister.  I knew that when I was introduced to Leadership Garden Legacy, that this would be something I could utilize and try with her.  I know she has been frustrated and was actually willing to learn about the importance of leadership as well as the true meaning.

UNIQUE Kids book photo leadership-uniquekidsbook_zps3822722c.jpg

As Kelly read through U.N.I.Q.U.E. Kids: Growing My Leadership Garden by Debra J. Slover, I read through U.N.I.Q.U.E.: Growing the Leader Within, by Debra J. Slover.  The kids version is more for ages 9-12 where the other book is for teens or adults.

Leadership Garden Guidebook photo leadership-adultleadership-guidebook_zpsf2bbaaad.jpg
UNIQUE Kids Activity book photo leadership-kids-activity-guide_zps54f3f800.jpg

Along with these two reading books for Leadership Garden Legacy, I received The Leadership Garden Guidebook.  The guidebook basically reinforces everything learned in leadership such as:
  • Not being judgmental
  • Not enabling
  • Being Empathetic
  • Pruning Gossip
  • Eliminating Blame
  • Eradicating victimization
Each lesson in the guidebook coincides with the U.N.I.Q.U.E. books causing them to brainstorm ideas, words, actions, etc.

I also received the U.N.I.Q.U.E. Kids Activity Guide and Journal downloads and U.N.I.Q.U.E. Kids Audio Book MP3 download, which goes right along with the lessons.  Kelly did not prefer the audio as she enjoys reading and learning for herself.

UNIQUE Kids MP3 photo leadership-kids-cdmp3_zpsaf402d56.jpg

When we first started Leadership Garden Legacy, I must honestly say it wasn't working the way I thought it would.  I basically had to back up and read through everything myself to make sure I understood what she needed to learn first.  After this was accomplished, it was easy sailing.  She is beginning to utilize what she has learned as far as being a leader.  She enjoys working through the journal and writing out her plans to become a better leader.  We did the leadership study 4 days a week.  There were quite a few words she did not understand, so she utilized the good ole' dictionary as well.

How much does Leadership Garden Legacy curriculum cost?
"Leadership Garden Legacy is offering the TOS Community a “Spring Special Discount” of 20% on all our Empowerment Tools. This is in addition to our already discounted Tool Kit bundles.

To receive your discount, enter the discount code: TOS-SS20D upon checkout. This is a limited time offer and the code will expire on May 31, 2013.

Preview the bundled Tool Kit Discount options at:
http://www.leadershipgardenlegacy.com/catalog/tool-bundle

Preview all product tools at:
http://www.leadershipgardenlegacy.com/store

Visit the Leadership Garden Legacy to learn more at:
http://www.leadershipgardenlegacy.com

With the bundle price of the Family Empowerment Tool Kit and the TOS extra 20% discount this is a $28.70 TOS savings off the retail price of the products."
I am so pleased that she received the revelation of being a leader.  Weeding out those things which are negative, etc., impacts how a leader behaves, etc.  We are on a mission to continue learning how to grow our garden in a positive way and strive to be what God has called her to be, not only with her sisters, but in the real world where she will eventually become a leader in whatever she does in life. 

I look forward to using Leadership Garden Legacy with my next daughter.  It's important for our children and their future to grow their leadership garden the way God intended.   We need Godly leaders in the days ahead.

To read more reviews by The Old Schoolhouse Review Crew, click here or click the banner below.

Photobucket
 
 photo DisclaimerGraphic1_zpsf612f371.gif

0 comments:

Post a Comment

My Three Blessings

My Three Blessings
Photo by Emily Haapala Photography

.





Designed By:

Munchkin Land Designs

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
made by Leelou
Powered by Blogger.
 
Designed by Munchkin Land Designs • Copyright 2013 • All Rights Reserved